Client(s): Activision & The Blast Furnace
Released: September 2013
Platform(s): iOS and Android
What we did…
- Development Testing
- Red Kite were tasked with handling the first mission of the game along with all in-game tutorials.
- Provided support in implementing the analytics systems throughout the tutorial. This included analysing and then improving on the tutorial to help promote user acquisition and user retention.
- Red Kite’s artists were involved in producing assets for all maps within the game.
- The Red Kite programming team were instrumental in the development of key systems within the game. This included gameplay, animation, set-piece implementation and audio to name but a few…
Red Kite Games continue to help Activision by providing regular maintenance support on this title. This has included upgrading several key systems used within the game whilst also ensuring continued support for updated OS’s and platform holder policies.
- Call of Duty: Strike Team reached critical acclaim, winning several awards. It was also featured on the Apple App Store as Editors’ Choice, as well as on Google play. As such the game has received millions of downloads to date.
Gordon Hall – Activision – Chief Creative Officer
“One of the aims with Call of Duty: Strike Team was to create a true AAA mobile title and Red Kite Games helped fluently across all departments. Working to tight deadlines this did not faze the team, allowing them to provide a valued contribution to the design, code and art in the game. Having dealt with a variety of different contract companies, I am happy to say that Red Kite Games comes highly recommended.”
Mark Washbrook – The Blast Furnace – Studio Head
“Call of Duty: Strike Team – Providing development support for the title Red Kite were able to rapidly pick up our toolset and integrate closely with the development team, delivering high quality content for this critically acclaimed title. The combination of working relationship and quality of their work is such that we hope to have the opportunity to work with the team again in the future.”
Call of Duty®: Strike Team delivers an all-new, first-person and third-person Call of Duty® experience built from the ground up for mobile and tablet devices. Fully customize your squad’s loadouts and abilities before leading them into combat in diverse gameplay environments. Call of Duty®: Strike Team features the revolutionary ability to dynamically switch from run-and-gun first-person view to reconnaissance and coordinated squad attacks in third-person view.
The year is 2020. Tensions run high amongst the world’s superpowers. In a surprise attack, the U.S. finds themselves in a war with an unknown enemy. Your mission is to lead a Joint Special Operations Team in a global effort to hunt down those responsible.
HYBRID FPS / 3RD PERSON: Play your way. Switch between first-person and third-person action at almost any time. Strategically customize the members of your squad with weapons, perks or body armor.
CAMPAIGN MODE: Experience an immersive single-player campaign full of epic, cinematic moments in diverse locations around the world.
SURVIVAL MODE: Put your skills to the test as you fight off waves of increasingly difficult enemies. Compete against family, friends and the Call of Duty®: Strike Team community for leaderboard domination.